Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Rose Bowl

Unfortunately, FSU didn't manage to win Orange Bowl last night, although they did take the Big Ten Champion Penn State to a third overtime before losing by a field goal. Not bad considering that most of our starters were freshman, up against a team of mostly seniors. Now I just have to endure all of my idiotic Penn State friends. I'm pretty sure that I won't have to read anymore columns about how FSU isn't a worthy opponent.

Anyway, watching the first half of the Rose Bowl so far, and I'm less than impressed by the supposed almighty USC. Reggie Bush fumbled once, and now Texas just scored another touchdown--I think they'll be going for two points now...wait, no they didn't.
I think this has been the most overhyped game in college football history, and as an FSU alum, I know something about overhyped games. There was no way this one could live up to the hype, or all the talk about USC being the greatest team in the history of the planet. But then, there's still one half to play.

Update: Okay, yeah, so the second half actually did live up to the hype. Wow, great comeback by Texas. Vince Young is the man. I suppose Austin is a bit insane tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home