Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Inspiration from misery

I went in to have the leg checked out for the first time since the surgery, and have the stitches removed. Apparently the stitches were tied exceptionally tight and were really embedded in my skin--so it really fucking hurt when they took them out, and by "they" I mean three different people. It's never a good sign when three different doctors or nurses are standing there, because they "haven't ever seen something like that". Not when it's twenty stitches, and it feels like they're cutting through your skin with scissors and a knife. And I didn't even get any topical anesthetic to numb it a little--which makes me almost as much of a stud as Patrick Swayze's character in Roadhouse, almost.

Anyway, the x-rays looked good, and I have a sort of boot splint now that I can rest on the ground a little when I walk, and I can stand up and shower again.
A nurse friend of mine said that leg and ankle will be stronger than before, seeing as how I have some sort of metal or steel reinforcement in there now. It would be really cool if I had some sort of super strength in that leg, kicking down doors and taking out criminals. Something like Dave Grohl's character in that video for "Everlong", exept I'd be kicking everyone with my super foot instead of beating them with my giant hand.
I've also been working on a metal song called "Steelfoot", or maybe "Foot of Steel". That might also be the name I use for myself or my band, if it isn't already taken. Seems like every time I think of a good one, I find out that it's already been taken.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

get well soon!

1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home