Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The music industry is filled with clueless assholes, pt. 1,006

In their neverending quest to make my life even more joyless and miserable, now they want to shut down sites where musicians can post tablature and chords to songs. I think this might be why I've had trouble accessing ultimate guitar lately. That's one that I've used to find chords and tabs for various songs that I wanted to play.

I just think this is ridiculous because, (1) the vast majority of song chords and tabs aren't available or sold in music books and (2) there has never been much of a profit in music books anyway. I suppose eventually they'll get a clue and realize that the amount they could make in ad revenues online far exceeds any profit from songbooks.
The major labels seem to have too many busybody lawyers with too much free time on their payroll--they could probably save a lot more money there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home