Sunday, September 25, 2005

slowly, slowly

Going back through old tapes that I made, trying to find the versions of various songs that I think sound the best--or the least bad, as the case may be.

Contrary to what you might think, it's pretty tedious. This is the part where analogue sucks, because it requires a lot of rewinding and fast-forwarding as I go through them. On top of that, I didn't bother to write down what I had recorded on several of these tapes, or the dates. Actually, most of them don't have dates, aside from maybe the year--such as "2003 Atrocities".
It will be nice to have some sort of demo with things that I wrote and recorded over the past decade. Most of what I wrote a long time ago still seems decent to me, and not totally embarrassing, so at least I might be happy--even if everyone else thinks it sucks.

The goal is an online "album" that you can download for free, maybe with some sort of donation or patronage system similar to Steam Powered Studio.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a original fine art prints site/blog. It pretty much covers original fine art prints related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

7:15 PM  
Blogger michael said...

just FYI, I only deleted that comment above because it appeared to be nothing more than advertising/spam.

aside from the motivational aspect of doing this, I'm happy to have two or three people who actually read it.

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

spam stinks.

i'm reading. :)

11:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm reading too. So that makes me number two. Is there a three around? Speak up! ;)

7:40 PM  
Blogger michael said...

sometimes Julia, which is good.
All females!

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home