Tuesday, June 21, 2005

last weekend, D-Day

This past weekend was father's day, and also my dad's big retirement party, after seventeen years as president of a small regional college. My parents will be moving into this house that I've been living in for the past year, which means it's time for me to get OUT.

The retirement party was really nice, even though they had a cash bar(wtf?). Big group of people, commendations from the state senator and representative, even an engraved chair, a portrait, and a gold watch(I didn't think they still did that). A lot to be proud of, a campus that has visibly improved since he took over, various new programs, increased enrollment, sports teams, and cultural events. It was clear that he was well-liked and would be missed. To top it all off, a standing ovation.
I sure don't see myself ever retiring in that fashion, if I ever do at all.

But at any rate, congrats to Big D!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home