Wednesday, June 08, 2005

E minor...

then A minor, a little G, next thing I know I've got another half of a song written. I think these are the best ones for me, the ones the come fairly easy, by just strumming some chords. Many times they're influenced by whatever I happen to be listening to at the moment, then I add the lyrics.

I didn't figure this out until after college, that the most natural way for me is to write some sort of music first, and then let the lyrics flow from that. I used to think that I had to write some sort of poetry and melody first, which didn't result in much of anything good.

but it's different for everyone...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so I've written a total of one song, and it started that same way! :D

Actualy the A minor was first, then E minor, back to A minor, then G. Funny. They sound nice together though, don't they?

10:45 AM  
Blogger michael said...

yeah, I'll usually come up with a verse and maybe chorus while I'm playing, then sit down and complete the lyrics later.

I think it's also that I'm kind of lazy, ha.

it would be interesting to give a bunch of people three chords, then see what songs they come up with.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home