Monday, April 24, 2006

Thanks for calling, asshole

I had a phone message on Friday from the person who I had interviewed with a couple months ago, for a job that I kind of wanted. It at least would have been a reliable source of income with good benefits--while I continued to do my crazy stuff on my own time.

Anyway, when I receive a call back from a job interview, I tend to think that I'm going to be offered the job--if not, then I almost always get a simple rejection letter. So when I call the guy back, I continue to think that I'm about to be offered the job, he leads me right up to it and then the kick in the nuts--"We finally got through the bureaucracy, and we're now able to make an offer, and we're offering it to someone else."

Um, okay, thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home