Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Bob, Magnapop

Reading the weblog of one of my all-time favorites, Bob Mould, and I discovered that the group Magnapop is still recording and touring. Wow, I thought that they were over and done with years ago, one of those good alternative groups from the nineties that just "disappeared".

Although, checking out their website, it looks like there's a multi-year gap, so maybe it wasn't just me not paying attention. I have their cd Hot Boxing, which was produced by Bob(that potent guitar sound is certainly familiar). It came out back in 1994, while I was still in college, although I happened to be listening to it just recently. Funny coincidences.

Now I've got to go check and see if Velocity Girl is back together.

1 Comments:

Blogger DigMeOut said...

Check out a podcast review of Magnapop's 'Hot Boxing' on the Dig Me Out Podcast at digmeoutpodcast.com, a weekly podcast dedicated to reviewing lost and forgotten albums of the 90s.

11:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home